Diploma in Children's Services
The Diploma in Children's Services (CHC50908) is an Australian qualification that will supply students with the essential management skills for room leaders and senior staff in the Childcare industry. It is a management diploma adapted to the specific needs of the childcare sector and delivered by distance learning, in association with the International Childcare College.
CHC50908 is a nationally recognised qualification. It is a Level 5 on the Australian Quality Training Framework and provides a pathway towards a degree in Early Childhood Education.
This qualification is suitable for people wishing to work in (or already working in) nursery schools, kindergartens, pre-schools, children's day care centres and playgroups.
The course competencies cover areas such as:
- Child development and pedagogy
- Interpreting and using information about children
- Inclusion of children
- Planning, implementing and managing programs in nursery schools, kindergartens, pre-schools, children's day care centres and playgroups
More detail on the course content can be found here.
Our training is structured in such a way to allow ease of learning, where students are able to work at their own pace, supported by our trainers here in Dubai.
All course materials are developed using best practice training solutions, including the clustering of competencies, on-line resources and supportive scenarios.
This course is designed for those already working (or preparing to start work) in a management role in the childcare industry, with responsibility for supervision of other staff and/or volunteers.
To enrol, students must:
- have completed the Certificate III in Children's Services (CHC30708). Note: if you already hold an equivalent qualification (for example, a Cache Level 3 in Childcare and Education from the UK) please contact us with the details, as it may be possible to obtain Recognition of Prior Learning to waive all, or part, of this requirement.
- be over 18 years of age
- have sound literacy skills
- have access to the internet and email
To complete the course, students must additionally:
- complete 120 hours of work placement in a kindergarten / nursery. This can be at the student's existing place of work or, if not already working in a kindergarten environment, students are required to find casual or volunteer work to meet the work placement hour requirements
- provide evidence that they hold a current First Aid certificate, which includes the treatment of anaphylaxis
This course is offered by distance learning, allowing students to balance their work, family and study commitments. Students may enrol at anytime and complete their training at a pace that suits workplace commitments and lifestyle needs.
Competency based assessment is used throughout, reflecting the Australian Qualification Framework principles of validity, reliability, flexibility and fairness. Assessment tasks include written work as well as practical workplace tasks, each of which will be assessed 'Competent', 'Not yet competent' or 'Incomplete'. There are no final exams.
Assessment is ongoing and includes:
- Written Assessment tasks: Scenarios, case studies, forum boards and group discussions.
- Workplace tasks: Observations, investigation and working with individual children.
- Portfolio of Evidence: this allows you to provide additional evidence of your competencies in the workplace.
- Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL): Allows you to gain recognition for existing training, skills and knowledge.
The cost of this course is AED10,900/- per person or, if paying in installments, 3 payments of AED3,800/-. For this money, you receive:
- Two text books to support your studies; "Frameworks for Learning and Development" and "The Business of Childcare"
- Membership of the ICCC website. Students login here to download their Assessment Tasks, but also have access to a wide range of downloadable resources, discussion forums and web-chat with trainers in Australia
- Telephone and email support from your Eduserve trainer in Dubai
The program normally takes around 6 months to complete, leading to a Diploma in Children's Services (CHC50908). This is issued by a Registered Training Organisation and is recognised under the new Australian Qualification Framework.
To register for this course, use our online registration form.