Nursery Teacher Course
This course is currently under review in Australia, so we cannot accept any further registrations until further notice
The Certificate III in Children's Services (CHC30712) is an Australian qualification, offered by distance learning in association with the International Childcare College. It is suitable for people wishing to work in (or already working in) nurseries, kindergartens, pre-schools, children's day care centres and playgroups.
The course competencies cover areas such as:
- Using organisation policies and procedures
- Using children's profiles to plan activities and provide care to children
- Facilitating children's leisure and play to achieve developmental outcomes
- Children's Health and Safety
More detail of the course content can be found here.
Our training is structured in such a way to allow ease of learning, where students are able to work at their own pace, supported by our trainers here in Dubai.
All course materials are developed using best practice training solutions, including the clustering of competencies, on-line resources and supportive scenarios.
In Australia, this course is required for anyone who has been working in the industry without formal qualifications, who have begun working in the industry, or those who are not currently working in childcare but are seeking employment within the industry.
To enrol, students must:
- be over 18 years of age
- have sound literacy skills
- have access to the internet and email
To complete the course, students must additionally:
- complete 120 hours of work placement in a kindergarten / nursery. This can be at the student's existing place of work or, if not already working in a kindergarten environment, students are required to find casual or volunteer work to meet the work placement hour requirements
- provide evidence that they hold a current First Aid certificate, which includes the treatment of anaphylaxis
This course is offered by distance learning, allowing students to balance their work, family and study commitments. Students may enrol at anytime and complete their training at a pace that suits workplace commitments and lifestyle needs.
Competency based assessment is used throughout, reflecting the Australian Qualification Framework principles of validity, reliability, flexibility and fairness. Assessment tasks include written work as well as practical workplace tasks, each of which will be assessed 'Competent', 'Not yet competent' or 'Incomplete'. There are no final exams.
Assessment is ongoing and includes:
- Written Assessment tasks: Scenarios, case studies, forum boards and group discussions.
- Workplace tasks: Observations, investigation and working with individual children.
- Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL): Allows you to gain recognition for existing training, skills and knowledge.
The cost of this course is AED9,600/- per person, paid in 3 equal instalments of AED3,200/-. For this money, you receive:
- Two e-books to support your studies; "The Big Picture" and "Birth to Big School"
- Access to a downloadable Study Guide, containing 105 pages of supporting information, tips and advice directly related to the course
- A booklet of Workplace Tasks
- Membership of the ICCC website. Students login here to download their Assessment Tasks, but also have access to a wide range of downloadable resources, discussion forums and web-chat with trainers in Australia
- Telephone and email support from your Eduserve trainer in Dubai
The program normally takes around 6 months to complete, leading to a Certificate III in Children's Services (CHC 30712).
Refer to the course fact sheet to find out more.
To register for this course, use our online registration form.
To find out more, use the button below and we will be in contact...